LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COURSE
Oct 30 - Nov 3, 2017 | Evanston, IL
- The early bird fee is $1500 for the week (does not include lodging or chow)
- Early bird registration ends at midnight on June 16th
- The standard fee is $1750
- Refunds: Prior to July 31st - 75%, Prior to Aug 31st - 50%, No refund after Aug 31st
The Mission: "To prepare leaders to assume the highest responsibilities of public service by developing strength of body, mind, character and critical thought."
- Five days of dynamic instruction, discussion and collaboration oriented on tactical leadership.
- Includes professional reading requirements, a tactical fitness seminar at Northwestern University, group exercises and post-seminar assignments to reinforce key concepts.
- Seeks to advance moral, mental, and physical fitness skills while reinforcing an appreciation for tactical competency.
COURSE CURRICULUM INCLUDES:
- The Moral Imperative of Leadership
- Mission-Oriented Leadership
- Develop and Implement Your Command Philosophy
- Optimizing Human Performance at Fires and Emergencies
- Tactical Fitness
- Critical Thinking and Complex Problem Solving
COURSE ADVISORS INCLUDE:
- Major Jason Brezler, USMC/FDNY
- Joe Schweitzer, US Naval Academy Ethics Advisor
- BC Eric Nurnberg, Iowa City FD
- DC Tom Richardson, FDNY
- Jim Roussell, Chicago Police Chief
of Staff and USMC (Ret)
- Stew Smith, former US Navy SEAL
- FF Jimmy Lopez, FDNY
Leadership Development Course Flyer
Course Location and Logistics
"The ability of fire departments to succeed in affecting the mission
of protecting life, property and environment while reducing the
risk to personnel, may to some extent be influenced by technology,
command and control programs and/or fire behavior science.
However, Mission Success is ALWAYS contingent on the
'Human Factors' - the Moral, Mental and Physical
qualities and abilities of leaders." — Leadership Under Fire
Eric Nurnberg, Course Director, Leadership Under Fire
Email: email@example.com • Website: www.leadershipunderfire.com