LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COURSE
Oct 31st - Nov 4th, 2016: Evanston, IL
The Mission: "To prepare leaders to assume the highest responsibilities of public service by developing strength of body, mind, character and critical thought."
• Five days of dynamic instruction, discussion and collaboration oriented on tactical leadership.
• Includes professional reading requirements, a tactical fitness seminar at Northwestern University, group exercises and post-seminar assignments to reinforce key concepts.
• Seeks to advance moral, mental, and physical fitness skills while reinforcing an appreciation for tactical competency.
• The Moral Imperative of Leadership and Leadership Development:
Major Jason Brezler, USMC/FDNY and DC Tom Richardson, FDNY
• FirePsyche: Enhancing Mental Performance on the Fireground:
Mike Asken, PhD and BC Eric Nurnberg, Iowa City FD
• Realistic, Relevant and Responsible Training Management:
Colonel Royal Mortenson, USMC(Ret)/IFSI and Capt Tommy Gardner, FDNY
• Tactical Fitness: Stew Smith, former Navy SEAL and FF Jimmy Lopez, FDNY
• Mission-Oriented Leadership: BC Pat Maloney, Chicago FD and
Chief Paul Conway, Milwaukee, FD
Other critical themes that will be covered include: Risk Management; Critical Thinking and Complex Problem-Solving; and Tactical/Operational Planning.
Leadership Development Course Flyer
Course Location and Logistics
"The ability of fire departments to succeed in affecting the mission of protecting life, property and environment while reducing the risk to personnel, may to some extent be influenced by technology, command and control programs and/or fire behavior science. However, Mission Success is ALWAYS contingent on the 'Human Factors' - the Moral, Mental and Physical qualities and abilities of leaders."
- Leadership Under Fire
ANDREW WHITEHEAD, Information Officer, Leadership Under Fire, Inc.
Email: email@example.com • Website: www.leadershipunderfire.com